Dimensions of Food, Seventh Edition
Much like its popular predecessors, the seventh edition of Dimensions of Food encourages readers to become interactive participants in understanding the physical, chemical, and functional and structural properties of food components, including the connection between conscientious food preparation and palatability and wholesome eating.
With a wealth of questions, charts to complete, and practical exercises, this four part workbook allows readers to explore and develop a deeper understanding of food in ways that will maximize each of their own culinary experiences.
- Part One leads readers through an investigation of the economic, nutritional, palatability, sanitation, chemical, and processing dimensions of food.
- Part Two provides a number of demonstrations and participatory exercises that will help develop a basic understanding of the functional and structural properties of a variety of food groups that include starches, fruits and vegetables, eggs, dairy, meat, poultry, fish, fats and oils, and sugars and baked products.
- Part Three focuses an analytical eye on the modern convenience of microwave cookery, detailing effective procedures for cooking, reheating, and defrosting food.
- Part Four gives readers the opportunity to creatively apply the principles of food selection so as to prepare meals that that are personally satisfying, nutritious, and practical.
Revised and updated to include new information and current trends, this resource:
- Offers an expanded discussion of food allergies and intolerances
- Includes sample scorecards for evaluating foods, as well as a sample nutrition facts label
- Accesses new website information on calibrating a thermometer
- Emphasizes how to preserve both the nutritional value and the palatability of food
- Adds new exercises and problems to facilitate the learning of key principles
- Provides18 detailed appendices that cover everything from foodborne illness, allergies, and cooking regulations, to dietary guidelines, cooking terms, buying guides, and dessert websites
Designed with perforated pages, extra space for specialized lessons, and plenty of opportunity for user input, this book will allow each reader to create a personalized reference for their continued use and enjoyment.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 360 pages
- Vickie A. Vaclavik Ph.D. (Author), Marjorie M. Devine Ph.D. (Contributor), Marcia H. Pimentel M.S. (Contributor)
- Crc Press: 7 edition (11 Feb. 2010)
- Science Nature
|The message text*:|
Lüften von Rotwein - Präsentieren und Öffnen einer Rotweinflasche am Tisch des Gastes (Unterweisung Hotelfachmann / -fachfrau)
An earnest invitation to the sacrament of the Lord's Supper. ... By Jos, Glanvill, ... The tenth edition: with addition of prayers, andc.
A Qualitative Analysis of Behavior Following Cerebral Lesions Diagnosed as Primarily Affecting the Frontal Lobes (Classic Reprint)